Montag, 2. November 2015

Update : Chetwynd Yard - Canfor Mill - Engine Service

I finished the trackwork in the yard at Chetwynd and connected it do the rest of the layout. All turnouts are wired and I made some testruns. All worked very nice and the yard looks good with some trains.
Older picture, but trackwork is finished.
After finishing this work I thought about my engine service area. I need some more room to store the engines. So I made a swap and moved the engine service around the corner where the Canfor mill was located and the mill to the former engine service area. I started building a new engine house from an Pikestuff "the shops" kit and some additional wall sections. I added a foundation from different sheet material and painted the walls green. Glued the Peco inspection pit to the foundation and painted it grey to simulate a concrete floor....I will add some weathering to the building, later.
I also started adding the support beams build from sheet to the inside of the engine house. I want one part of the roof to be removable to show the details.




The last part of this update will show the ne arranged structures of the Canfor Mill. I added the Walthers debarker and will build some new structures from Pikestuff wall sections. On the opposite end of the debarker will be a loading shed with dock. The buildings are placed on 20mm thick foam, the woodchip track is layed on two layers of 5mm kork and the loading tracks are on one layer of 5mm kork. The edges of the foam will be smoothed out and I´ll build a ramp between the freeloading and the woodchip track.
Log loading area
Canfor Mill seen from the north with Chetwynd yard behind the Photographer
View from the other side. Mainlaine track on the right
Those are the updates from the lower deck of my layout. I made some small changes to the upper deck and will show those in my next post.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen