Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2015

Changing direktions....

My biggest problem for Chetwynd was the direction of trains and where I could later place a hidden staging. On the prototype, trains coming from Chetwynd with most of the cars are emptys for the mills and others and only some needed goods for the northern communities.So I need a staging on the southend of the yard where trains are coming from and going to.The trains setting cars out for Dawson Creek at Chetwynd and going further north to Fort St. John and also going back to Vancouver adding loaded Cars at Chetwynd for the South.
So for operation it would be nice if there will be a staging simulating Vancouver in the south with trains coming from that staging to Chetwynd and also trains going back to Vancouver on the main.
On my layout the directions are from the start simulating south and the helix sitting on the north end of the yard with the spur to Dawson Creek. But the only possible connection to a hidden staging is on the north end where the helix is.....I placed the freelanced engine service and the canfor mill on the south end of the yard like on the prototype..Old Trackplan below


..And I found no way to go more like the prototype and have a staging for Vancouver for better operations. My brain was blocked for months but 2 days ago it hit me like a hammer....I could change the direction only by name,change a little bit of trackwork and leave the canfor mill and the engineservice as is but now they are on the northend of the yard and the Helix is on the Southend...that´s not absolute prototype correct but that´s okay for me. It will work and I could add the desired hidden Vancouver staging next year below Chetwynd. Track is going down into the helix and then to the staging. And here is the reworked Trackplan with to added spots and reworked trackalignement more prototypical.






I think this is the best way to deal with the space I have and my wishes. This will be the staging I´ll start with next year.





Like on the prototype there will be only 4 axle units serving the subdivision with some speed restrictions following some BC Rail timetables. My six-axle Alcos will run the trains from Vancouver staging to Chetwynd, will be serviced at the engine facility and then getting their train back to Vancouver.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen